Reddout is getting a patch 1.0.4, which changes many miscellaneous things for the title.
IMPORTANT THINGS FIRST
- Fixed the horrific Augmented Propeller regression bug. This was such a destroying event that it ended up in the game lore! Now you can go back to race faster than ever!
- Anti-cheating measures have been integrated into the deepest code of the game, now you can safely play in multiplayer. And if you still lose, it’s your fault 🙂
- Lore! Discover the history of each team, individual ships powerups, world and track in the Redout world!
- Added 20+ new ship colors as unlockable items: play more, get more, pimp yo ride 😉
- TRADING CARDS NOW AVAILABLE! (Well, ready. Coming as soon as Valve hits the big green button!)
DESIGN & BALANCE
- Now ship colors have names: enjoy your Torino GT9 Stradale or the Halloween special “Pumpkin Night”
- Lunare: increased overall speed, slightly better energy recharge, slightly less life
- ESA-AGR: increased overall speed, greatly improved turbo boost power, better energy recharge
- Conqueror: slightly increased overall speed, slightly increased turbo power
- Fixed Boss portals positions in Cairo, now more fair
- Enabled positional head tracking in VR mode
- Multiresolution rendering enabled for VR users (huge performance increase)
- Added more launch options from the steam app (Oculus, Vive, OSVR, Desktop). If you have an Oculus, running the game via the Oculus SDK brings you more than a 20% fps increase.
- Vive: better world scale, especially in the cockpit view
- Fixed a crash happening in VR when changing advanced options after a race
- Fixed crash starting a race in VR
- General performance improvements in VR, especially on Nvidia GPUs
- Turned off portals in VR, everyone hated them including ourselves. Sorry for those headaches.
- Fixed Kinetic Lines in VR
- More sandstorms in Cairo Calima!
- Soundtrack low-end frequencies got a fancier balance
BUGFIXES & STUFF
- Trained the AI to not die like a blindfolded drunk driver in Volcano Hell
- Online: fixed a bug preventing the players to go back to the lobby after host gets eliminated
- Fixed Photo Finish achievement
- For some reason the HUD in third person camera was disappearing for the Lunare and the ESA-AGR. Now it stays in place
- You couldn’t rotate your ship in the garage, now you can and you should, those new colors aren’t gonna observe by themselves
- Chinese localization is now working properly
- Fixed some other localization issues. A lot of them
- VRWorks library updated
- Update to Unreal Engine 4.13
- Update to FMod 1.08.14
- Turned off the “Use Stencil for LOD Dither Fading” in Project Settings/Rendering. No idea what this means, but apparently was important at the time and sounds like fun. It was more like a reminder to ourselves, but if you got this far in reading the changelog, you deserve something more
- Added some more people into the credits. That’s because we scaled up QA and musicians, recently. And those guys are amazing!
- STEAM controller support, official layout
- Portals in Boss Modes are jet black on Oculus. If this happens launch the game in non-vr mode, go to settings and set the portals quality to low. Restart the game in VR and they should work.