Slicing simulator “Cut Cut Buffet” is launched on Steam platform for the HTC Vive. Developed by 2BDev, this family-friendly title will have you take on the role of a chef, as you slice and dice your ingredients as they are tossed in the air. Just beware to not cut the explosive dynamites.
Its not unfair to say this is heavily inspired by Fruit Ninja VR. This title is currently in Early Access and is estimated to be out after about 6 to 8 months later.
The current state of this title consist of 3 game modes: Practice, Time and Survival.
- Practice: A casual mode with no time limit where the player can slice whatever is thrown with no penalties. Scores for this mode will not count toward leaderboards or statistics.
- Time: Cut as much food as you can in 2 minutes. Cutting dynamite sticks and bombs will deduct from the total time left in the round.
- Survival: Cut as much as as you can while avoiding dynamite sticks and bombs. Cutting three dynamite sticks or bombs will cause the round to end. Missing any fruit will cause point deductions.
Here’s the changes you can expect to see for this title as it approaches its final release:
- Additional locations to play
- Additional weapons (Which includes dual wielding)
- Achievements to unlock additional locations/weapons
- Additional slice-able foods and replacements for certain game models
- Improved and more accurate collision detection for slicing
- Power ups and power downs
- Re-balancing current game modes and at least two additional game modes
- Additional difficulties for each game mode
- Leaderboards for each game mode
- Cloud saving
Check out the Early Access Trailer here: