Blasters of the Universe on Steam Early Access was first released last year July from “The Secret Location“. It is a virtual reality title for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, that seek to bring the bullet hell genre into first person VR, relying heavily on physical movement from the player. If you play this game, expect to duck, dodge, twist, turn and maneuver your ways out of the bullets and enemies.
Blasters of the Universe has just received their 5th major update, adding the first boss battle against the massive Destruktor in the Barrens, a short introduction cinematic of Alwyn and others.
Here’s the change log:
- Campaign mode unlocked in Barrens
- Boss Battle enabled in Barrens Campaign
- Added introduction cinematic
- Enabled Single Pass Stereo Rendering
- Remade tons of shaders and effects to support single pass stereo rendering
- Cleared leader-boards to reflect new balance changes
- Added new UI options in the settings – Tons of updates to sound effects in-game
- Update to all shields to change colours as health reduces to help make health more instantly readable
- Tons of little balance and performance improvements