A massive update has arrived for Insomniac Games‘ The Unspoken (Oculus Store), a magic spell casting VR title exclusively for the Oculus Rift. This update adds a brand new class, as well as other additions, tuning and fixes.
New Class: Electromancer
The main addition in this update is the Electromancer, a brand new class that’s a master of electric element spells.
Electromancer is capable of tapping into the city’s power to generate the magics, allowing you to discharge Lightning from your finger tips. You can also absorb your opponent’s spells with the Surge Protector, and then releasing their energy as a static charge.
This new class also features gesture spells of the following:
- Conjure gesture creates an automated Shock Sentry to electrocute your opponent
- Guard gesture constructs a “Field Generator to insulate yourself from your opponent’s attacks, protect your Shock Sentry, and quickly recharge your Lightning Primal spell.”
- a Push gesture creates a high-voltage Electrosphere to strike your opponent from above with a rolling lightning storm.
Full Update Notes
New Content and Features
- Electromancer: Added a new class! The Electromancer taps into the city’s power grid to energize arcane constructs.
- Drifter: Primal and Gesture spells are now more potent in the duel.
- Council Tribune: A cryptic newspaper reports the latest events and news for The Unspoken.
- Hand Skins: Added two new hand skins: one each for mechanical and all-natural Casters.
Tuning and Fixes
- Arcane Shield: Increased the radius of the perfect reflect area.
- This makes attacks that hit the edge of the center count as reflects instead of deflections.
- Chaos Skull: Increased targeting effectiveness during the initial speed boost.
- Fast skulls are more reliable for close range direct damage.
- Chaos Skull: Reduced the time the skull wanders if it has no target.
- This improves the effectiveness of Chaos Skulls cast under duress.
- Chaos Skull: Added latency compensation to the Chaos Skull.
- Chaos Skulls will now persist if an opponent teleports in the instant before a skull strikes.
- Chaos Skull: Minimum charged Chaos Skulls can now be split twice.
- The Anarchist now has the final word on a minimum charge skull, reducing the risk of this spell to a mindful Anarchist.
- Pyrotechnics: Removed the safe pillar functionality.
- Now a single rocket will always travel to your opponent’s location. Other rockets strike a random pillar.
- Shatter Mine: Moved the mine summon position to the front of the caster.
- Choosing a new target pillar is more responsive and no longer resets the mine’s summon time.
- Shatter Mine: Decreased the duration of the fuse.
- Mines are less likely to be destroyed after the victim teleports to their position, and it’s more difficult to escape a detonating mine.
- Slingshot: Added a third charge tier.
- Heavy shots allow the Drifter to prepare a strong direct attack.
- Evil Eye: Raised the position of the shield relative to casting hand and increased the radius of the perfect reflect area.
- Foresight ability is easier to use, with no obstruction from the casting hand. The shield aligns with the primal attack center to make it easier to block while attacking.
- Vermin: Decreased flight speed and increased dive speed.
- It’s now more effective to counter Crows with an attack spell, less effective to counter with a teleport.
- Celestial Dome: Removed damage spillover.
- This should allow a Drifter to play more defensively if they so choose.
- Debris Scatter: Added an aiming reticle.
- This improves targeting clarity.
- Telekinesis: Improved tracking for telekinetic objects.
- Telekinetic objects will now hit unintended pillars less often.
Midway Pier Arena
- Midway Spider: Decreased the Spider’s damage per second and search speed.
- It’s now possible to anticipate the Spider beam, and its damage is more in line with other Summons.
Burnham Station Arena
- Station Beast: Increased attack damage.
- The Beast’s attack can now break hand shields.
- Station Beast: Increased max health. Decreased generator count, health, and heal rate.
- Increased health helps the summon persist long enough to be effective. Generators are easier to destroy, and provide only partial healing to the Beast.
- Cthulhu’s Grasp: Added alternate glyphs and increased depth tolerance.
- Casting the spell requires more awareness, less rote movement.
- Aerogramme: Removed Primal shield deflect, reduced wandering distance.
- This makes the Artifact a more effective choice for the loadout.
- Aerogramme: Added latency compensation to the Aerogramme.
- Aerogramme will now persist if an opponent teleports in the instant before an airplane strikes.
- Round start: Increased the visibility of the pre-match barrier and synchronized the pillars with the round start.