The launch trailer for Out of Ammo: Death Drive has surfaced on youtube!
Out of Ammo: Death Drive is the sequel to the VR strategy/action game “Out of Ammo” that was released last year on Steam for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. In Out of Ammo, you play as a commander against waves of soldiers. To defend yourself, you have to construct defenses (such as sandbags/watchtowers), call in artillery, issue orders and even take control of your soldiers across 8 unique environments and 2 specialist mission modes.
Out of Ammo Death Drive seems to contain the basic game premises. Check out the description of the game:
Out of Ammo Death Drive is a hybrid game experience: one part base builder, one part first person action. Collect scrap, build emplacements and possess individual units. Make use of whatever you find on the battlefield to shoot, crush and maim the undead hordes hunting you down.
The Steam page for Out of Ammo: Death Drive is out. No date has been revealed yet, but the Steam page do reveal some other information, such as the key features:
- Melee weapons and holster to store your weapons in. Collect and store weapons for later in the mission.
- A fully featured campaign across seven levels that takes the player through cities, malls and desolate landscapes in their search for safety.
- An expansive repertoire of realtime strategy gameplay – manage scrap collection, build and upgrade emplacements whilst managing ammo supply.
- A seamless combination of gunplay and melee action: Possess any unit and get in the fight. Mix and and match your offense by placing whatever weapon you see fit in either hand.
- Varied enemy types include shambling zombies, necromantic cultists and shoot-on-sight bandits, each with their own unique tactics and approach to combat.
- Multiple ways to upgrade your emplacements: Build a grenade launcher to decimate large hordes, an automated turret to lay down suppresive fire, or even build a kennel to summon Alby, the magical healing Dog
Out of Ammo Death Drive requires a room-scale play area, and support both HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. Both Out of Ammo titles are developed by RocketWerkz.
Out of Ammo Death Drive will be releasing somewhere this month, going by the Steam Page. Check out the launch trailer below. You can find more screenshots on its Steam Page.