FarSight Studios is currently porting their pinball simulation video game Stern Pinball Arcade VR, the spin-off title to their earlier title The Pinball Arcade, over to the Oculus Rift, and it will be releasing in Q1 2018!
Stern Pinball Arcade is already available on Steam without VR and a range of other platforms like PS4, XBox One, iOS and Google Play, and to be honest, the Steam version has been gathering lots of negative reviews. The title has been ported to the Samsung Gear VR (Oculus Store) too for free as well.
Real pinball machines, created by the world’s most experienced producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, can now be played on your PC. Over 10 tables including modern classics like Star Trek™, AC/DC®, and Mustang™ are available as DLC with two FREE tables to play every month!
• 3D Arcade – Classic arcade setting with pinball tables, neon lighting, novelty props and original works of art created by “Dirty Donny”.
• Table Instructions – Detailed tutorials of each table teach you how to become a pinball wizard!
• ROM Emulation and code compiled from real tables – 100% accurate gameplay and graphics of real world pinball machines.
• DLC – Table Packs, Upgrades, Bundles and new features released regularly.
• Leaderboards – Bragging rights over friends or all players world-wide for each table; Single and multi-player games on any of the tables.
• Stern Challenge – In this mode, users must hit a target score on each of the tables to earn Challenge points before moving on to the next table- a full game experience in itself.
The Oculus Rift version will be on display at CES in Las Vegas, Nevada for players to demo the game before the official release.