A family VR title “EPYKA” was just announced and available for play over GDC recently, and according to official words from its developer Singular Perception, the game will be releasing on HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
In EPYKA, you play Doctor Scott Hudson, a curious individual who embarks on an adventure to discover and explore a beautiful ancient and forgotten world known as EPYKA. You are accompanied by your trusty canine Jack, and both of you will attempt to uncover the secrets hidden by the inhabitants of the islands. To unravel the mystery of EPYKA you will have to use your wits to solve the strange and curious puzzles.
Here are the feature sets:
• Jack behaves like a playful real dog. Custom behavioural systems based on real dog behaviours bring Jack to life.
• Jack, through his actions, provides hints and tips keeping the player immersed and engaged in the game.
• Jack can be controlled by your voice. Using simple commands, well he is a dog! you can direct Jack’s actions.
• Engaging interactive story driven adventure.
• Non violent puzzle solving adventure that is family friendly.
EPYKA is the debut game release of Singular Perception. The Italy-based VR game studio said that they will be releasing an AR companion app for this title, where the player can get acquainted to and play with some of the characters of EPYKA.
This game is scheduled for release this year for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.